Saturday 31 August 2013

Project Life Filofax

I have a Domino in Ultra Violet on the way which I will be using as my journal (my current journal pages are in my daily planner as I have nowhere else to keep them at the moment).

I keep looking at Project Life, and how colourful and planned out the pages look. And then I remember how expensive project life is, and that puts me off.

So, after hours of browsing and dreaming this afternoon on Pinterest, I've had a play around on the computer to try and put my ideas into some kind of visual way to explain how I'd use Project Life in a Filofax. It's something I have wanted to do for some time, I think it looks visually beautiful.

I thought about getting credit card holders and doing 6 cards a week, although they would cost a lot, I'd need 104 a year! I saw a photo where someone had just stuck the Project Life cards onto the paper. Great idea! (Sorry I can't remember what the link was but will link back if I find it again).

Here's my dream:


You can get literally loads of free Project Life printables on the internet which can then be resized, altered and printed out. I like the idea of having a combination of photographs and journaling - I think that's what I've been missing in my current setup.

It would even solve the issue of bleed-through if I want to use stamps, because I can just stamp directly onto the journaling card or cardstock. I have loads of scrapbooking paper I can use, and like I have done this week, I can order four sets of co-ordinating cardstock and stickers for just over £10 which will last me a whole month's worth of pages.

I'm going to try this out in real life (not on the computer) and see if it works. I hope it does, and I hope I will be able to keep it up, I think it's a lovely thing to be able to record your memories and moments in such a beautiful way.

Adding thickness to pages also won't be an issue, as I'll be using my personal Domino just for journaling and creative writing.

What do you reckon?!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks great! I have thought about PL,too, but not able to invest time & money right now. We are heading to the beach next week and I knew I would use my dairy pages as a scrapbook of sorts. Thanks for the idea!

LJ said...

That looks like it will be great - I was bad the other day and splashed out on a load of PL goodies, partly because they just look so damned gorgeous and there was a special offer on the limited edition stuff, and partly because I barely have time to print out photos, let alone anything else, at the moment. I am hoping that as I get my time under better control that I will be able to start using my Filofaxes for this type of thing as well. :-)

Unknown said...

Oh this is great! Ive wanted to do this for a little while, but couldnt work out how!!! Thank you!!!

Claudia said...

This is what ive been looking for :)
I want to use my A5 finsbury for my PL, so now i know how to do so..
Thanx for sharing

Vicki said...

Great idea

Vicki said...

Great idea