Thursday 15 November 2012

Colour Combinations Filofax

I have two empty pocket Domino's which I have tried to sell but no one was interested. So, I decided rather than leave them empty, I would find uses for them. I have decided I am going to use the lavender one as a colour combinations Filofax, as I make a lot of cards and do scrapbooking, and am always trying to think of which colour combinations to use.

I started by searching the web for inspiration. I was just going to do the whole Filofax with no dividers, just opages of colour combinations... (Images are Courtesy of a blog I found from a Papertrey Ink user).













Then I thought it'd be nice to do some tabs for other card making inspiration and bits...
 
I also found some really nice websites where you can create colour combinations. I can then print these out and add them into my binder.
 
(Picture courtesy of Photo Card Boutique)
 
Has anyone else used their Filofax for creative purposes?
 
 

3 comments:

Alison Reeves said...

Wow Laura - that looks great! I have a feeling I had a colour combination book which I used when designing ads for the mag we used to produce - I must have a look. I really love the dividers - did you make those as well? I especially like the font you have used for the tabs.

laura jane said...

Hi Alison =) the pictures are just of design inspiration, I didnt make them unfortunatel =( i will post another blog post once ive started though!

Anonymous said...

I used to love that website that gave you the colour combos. do you have a link?
Didn't notice that you were trying to sell the dominos.
Great idea. x