Saturday 27 October 2012

Fixing My Planner Fail

I decided the Paperchase week on two pages was not working for me, as I usually have more to-dos in a week than I do appointments, and the to-dos were just getting lost in a big awful mess with all the other things going on in my week. So, as you saw in my previous posts, I decided to make my own planner pages using one of the templates from Philofaxy.

Unfortunately though, I felt they were a little plain. I thought about colour coding and scheduled in my appointments and to-dos for next week, but I found it a bit of a pain having to switch pens all the time and lugging around six different pens.

So I scrapped that idea.

For most of today I've been playing around with Photoshop and designed this lovely beauty! I can't wait to print it out and test it, I've already tested the format and it works really well for me. I love the little doodle!




If anyone would like a diary for next year designed for you please let me know, I really enjoyed putting this together. I might change the colours of the doodle for different months just to add some different colours, but I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

Will do another post once I've printed and filled in some of the pages :)

14 comments:

Laurie said...

Gorgeous!! I love the colors and design!

LJ said...

This looks absolutely fabulous. Totally practical with a beautiful splash of colour to transform it and brighten any day. I would love to have some of these beauties. :o)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love the font and the colours. Would love this pl x

laura jane said...

Thank you! I hope they print out ok! Ill post the link on the philofaxy fans FBI page do you can take a look, and if you like them I can maybe print you some or send you the doc :) xx

laura jane said...

Aww thanks :) see my above reply to LJ, let me know if you're interested :) xx

Amy said...

I'm the same, more to-dos than appointments most weeks. These are really pretty! Do you use the Filofax punch for your custom inserts? x

laura jane said...

I print straight onto plain filofax paper, it's so easy! And you can print double sided too which eliminates having to print on A4, cut, punch and try and figure out how to print on the other side :) you can get value packs of plain filofax paper on amazon.
I can change the colours or do some different designs if you'd like some :)

Alison Reeves said...

Hi Laura - just come over from Philofaxy. I absolutely love your design and have just spent half an hour when I should be working browsing your blog. I'd love a 2013 copy when you have tested it as this is my preferred layout. Would love some more earthy colours as well as I quite fancy printing onto cream paper - although looking at the cost of the value paper I may have to change my mind!

I really love the other designs you have created as well - very clean and appealing. Are you going to make any of these available in the future?

I'm intrigued about printing onto filofax paper - do you create your layouts in Word using a custom size page layout then just load the filofax paper into the printer? It sounds a lot easier than trying to figure it out on A4 paper - I got in a real pickle with that and it put me off!

You have really inspired me to get more out of my personal binder which I am gradually setting up, so thanks for that! I got a bit jaded with planner fail in the past and abandoned a lot of it - I've now come down from an A5 to personal because I wanted to make it more 'personal' and be able to carry it around with me.

pattygardner.com said...

Very pretty. The design makes them look more professional. That's my only complaint about my homemade pages is that they look homemade.

Anonymous said...

Could be, but I need A5

Lily M said...

I love the idea of changing the colour swirls for different months/seasons - it can make it a lot easier to identify the months when flicking through - I'm going to mark each month in my diary for next year with the same colour as its heading in my 5 year diary I think.

Anonymous said...

These are just gorgeous! Are they in the personal size?

Alice Emerald said...

These are the best inserts ive seen for 2013! any chance you could do the same but in pocket? Everyone forgets about the little pocket!

Francesca said...

I know I'm rather late in saying this...but WOW, these are beautiful! Did you ever make a whole calendar year? I would LOVE to use these.